CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy knitting

One of the DJs on a radio station here is heading to Afghanistan next month and has asked people to knit hats and send them in so that he can bless the children and babies there with warm hats. This story really touched my heart and I decided to try and get other people to join me in this ministry. I have had several people respond and we all will be making hats to send off.
Before I started to head this up, I probably should have tried making a hat! I bought these circle loom things to help with knitting hats. It was supposed to be sooo easy. Well after about 7 tries, I was about to give up!!! The stitch was just too loose and it was falling apart. I was so sad because I really wanted to make a hat and get Gabriella involved in this as well.
Today we went to church and a young lady had already made three hats for us!!!! I was so excited! I talked to her a little and figured out what I was doing wrong. So I decided to try ONE LAST time before giving up! ;) I am happy to report that all of Katie McVicker's tips worked!!! I started and finished my first hat today! YAY ME!!!!! I am super excited! Yes, it's the little things folks! This hat was made for a newborn and it is so tiny and cute! Thank you Jennifer Parsons for graciously giving me TONS of yarn to work with! It is going toward a good cause! Here is my first hat!


Here are the three hats that Katie did.


I have already started on hat #2! If by chance you are reading this and you are a knitter, we could always use more hats! ;)

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

yay! i'm so glad you figured it out!