CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The life of our sunflower

So I thought I took more pictures than this, but I guess not. Anyway, over the summer we planted sunflower seeds. It was fun to watch them grow and document their life. Here is the first sign of our sunflower!


A few weeks later, they were really growing.


They eventually got taller than Gabriella.


The flower is starting to open up.



It's almost time to harvest!


Here is where I thought I took more pictures. The actual harvest. We cut the sunflowers off and put them in paper bags so the could dry out. Then we took the seeds out of them. Some of the seeds were too small to use, but we still got a good amount. Next year we will plant more seeds!!!!! Until then, we will enjoy eating eating what we have!


1 comments:

Jennifer said...

ya'll sunflowers did way better than ours....the mysterious creature ate them. i didn't realize how tall ya'lls got!