CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

day 92

So apparently this whole blogging thing takes more time than I thought! LOL I have been slacking majorly! I have been taking pictures but have not been posting them. So I will do my best to catch up! ;) Today I saw a commercial with the "new" Strawberry Shortcake and it made me very sad. They have glamorized her all up. Made her skinny, longer hair, and given more fashionable clothes. I made me think about how everything is changing for children....Barbies, BRATZ, and other little girls toys. As if our girls don't have enough pressure to be skinny and pretty from magazines and commercials, now they are getting pressure from the "old school" toys. I think the older version of Strawberry Shortcake is just adorable and that is how I chose to remember her and how I chose to raise my own daughter on.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

wow, that really is such a big difference