CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 37

Road trip day!

I just love the country!

I found my future house! Notice there are No neighbors any where close! AHHHHH ;)

So my road trip was to Jacksonville, NC to meet my biological mother and half sister. I have wondered what this day would be like for over 25 years. The day went fairly well. Filled with many emotions....some good and some bad. This is my beautiful sister Melissa. She is 5 years younger than I am. We have a lot in common and I really enjoyed meeting with her. I also have another half sister that is 10 years younger than I am. She decided she was not ready to meet me yet. I pray that as she gets older she has a change of heart.

The main thought I got out of this trip was "Thank God for the life I lived"! My biological family had a hard life. Yes, I did miss out on knowing them, but I am so blessed to have lived the life I lived. I am so thankful for the parents that raised me!!!!! I am not sure where I would be right now if it weren't for them. They took me in, loved me, and gave me the best life they could. I think I turned out pretty good. heh heh. It saddens me to hear the stories of my biological family's life. My sisters grew up in an environment that no child should ever have to be faced with. My mother lived a very hard life filled with addiction. All those years took a toll on her. Right now she is clean and sober. I pray that she stays that way and enjoys what little bit of life she has left. This is biological mother below.

Again, I would like to say how thankful I am for the parents that raised me. I know we have had our differences and we haven't always agreed on things, but I could not have asked for better parents!!!!!! I have so much respect and love for them. I grew up thinking they were so strict and I wasn't allowed to do anything. But looking back, I am so thankful that they were strict. They saved me from a lot of pain and grief. My life could have been so different. I was blessed with so much love and just about anything I wanted. My siblings didn't even have a bed to sleep on. Thank you God for sparing me that life!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

glad you had a safe trip and that it went good!

Karina said...

What a blessing to see where you came from....God is good....